January is not the favourite month in many people’s calendar! The excitement of Christmas has been and gone, if you’ve had family visiting throughout December it’s likely that January will feel quiet. It’s cold, it’s dark and it’s not uncommon to feel fed up!
Here’s a few tips to help you through January and remember we are always on hand at the Care Hub in Goring if you need someone to talk to.
- Get outside – even if you can only manage a short stroll around your garden breathing in fresh air and taking note of the nature all around us is really uplifting. If you are less mobile ask a family member, friend or neighbour to take you out for some air.
- Stay warm – being cold makes us feel unwell and uncomfortable. So keep warm! Wear plenty of layers, drink soothing warm drinks and soups, and aim to keep your home toasty and warm.
- Eat well – a healthy diet will boost your mental and physical health.
- Take up a new hobby – why not rekindle your love of knitting, or do a puzzle! If you don’t want to do any of these things alone, places like our Care Hub run group activity sessions.
- Join a group – does your local community run morning coffee, lunch or afternoon tea get-togethers? Find out! It’s a wonderful chance to make new friends and talking about some of your worries can help to lift the January fog.